Friday, October 16, 2009

A Zen feeling

Many a time I have wondered why God does things the way He does. There are some things that I implicitly trust. He is. He knows that I exist. He knows what I do, what I think. He takes care of me. But then there are times when I just think that He has forgotten if I am there.

 It is something that goes beyond the skin. I love Him from somewhere deep and every minute I want Him to make me aware of Him. Just reassure me He is there with me every second of my pains.. It is like a wife wanting her husband to be with her when she is in the obstetrician’s ward trying to breathe new life. But the moment the child is born, the husband becomes secondary though only for a short while.

I want Him with me every second of my life on earth, trying to leave without making much negative impact, help me make some positive impact at least. Almost want to leave unnoticed if I cannot do anything good.

Talking about the way he does things, I was watching Kungfu Panda yesterday. There are definitely some almost Zen moments when you watch oriental movies. I had one yesterday: “There are no accidents”. Have heard infinite variations of the words..--- There are no coincidences, everything is planned … yadda yadda yadda.

But then I did not have the moment even when I was seeing the movie. It was the day after when Ethnic-atom commented at a statement of mine.

Another time I had a Zen feeling was when I was driving behind this car. We were passing through a crossing and a turn and the driver in front threw a paper crumpled out of the window. As I watched its trajectory towards the pavement and it fluttering, a paper’s existence unfolded across my life. In that second, I was able to visualize its birth from a tree it did not even know existed and its journey to where it was today and what it was doing where it was. Hit me with the force of a sandbag. Arrived exactly at the moment to a place where someone was looking for it.

There are really no ways of explaining Zen feelings. It is almost like Déjà vu. And the only thing that mattered most was that there was a destiny to that piece of paper. Tomorrow it might save the earth and I had seen it.

(Took me to thinking about all the flotsam, jetsam, airsam, samsam floating across the Indian roads and rail roads. – formed with the one purpose of trashing the nation.)

Believe me. There is a reason. For everything to be exactly the way it is. And it is for the best of everybody.

Live and learn as the Gaffer used to say.. Tolkienwise.

7 comments:

Asuri Sudarsanan said...

Good post that came up my googlereader update just when I was about to leave office

- 1st three paras - good! keep it up! prescribed feelings for every prapannar :) (i am still not there yet!)

- "flotsam, jetsam, etc,." Old Chinese philosophers say that one needs to accumulate lot of punyams to be born in Bharatavarsha, the next birth, so that they can reach moksham after that..... just think that India is sending even "achit" to moksham ;o) (not an excuse for our untidiness)

Sundara Paripooranan said...

Hi,
Stumbled upon your blogger profile.. Your blogs are wonderful. especially the 'prapathi' series... very inspirational.. Burnt the mid night oil reading many of them. As you rightly said in your latest post - 'There is a reason. For everything to be exactly the way it is.' And your blogs give me a positive reason to open my laptop!!!
Mikka Nandree...

Vanjula said...

@Asuri,
Thank you. I am not there yet either. In desire but not in action.
@Sundara Paripooranan,
Sir: even as I read your name all I could think of was the Lord. It is a beautiful name. Romba romba azhagana peyar. I do not know if it is your blogger id or real name. romba santhoshama erunthuthu.
Thank you for your kind comment. Maybe.
Good luck for everything. :)

Sundara Paripooranan said...

Madam: Very happy to know that you thought of the Lord because of my name. Ithukkagave I think I will reach his lotus feet... Ellaa perumal peyar-um theriyum pola ungalukku…
The name is mine only (in a way). Its my ‘Abhivathaye’ name…

BTW, I have made it a habit to read few of your posts daily… Last I read, "The Woman" series you wrote back in 2007 …
Lines like - "Indiran kettathum pennala. Chandiran kettathum pennale... Dey!!. When I hear these stupid statements."
Unga emotions anal parakkarathu.. Rasikkumpadiyum irunthathu..

I know these comments are not relevant to your latest post… But I could not help but appreciate!

oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet online sale, michael kors outlet, louboutin, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, nike shoes, coach factory outlet, air max, longchamp handbags, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, polo ralph lauren outlet, air max, prada outlet, coach purses, burberry outlet, nike free, jordan shoes, michael kors outlet, gucci outlet, chanel handbags, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion jeans, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, coach outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, true religion jeans

oakleyses said...

nike roshe run, birkin bag, ugg, reebok outlet, uggs, lululemon outlet, canada goose, new balance shoes, p90x, ugg australia, mcm handbags, canada goose outlet, herve leger, ugg boots clearance, chi flat iron, jimmy choo outlet, canada goose jackets, marc jacobs, soccer shoes, instyler, ferragamo shoes, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, soccer jerseys, valentino shoes, giuseppe zanotti, bottega veneta, north face jackets, rolex watches, mont blanc, ghd, ugg boots, wedding dresses, insanity workout, asics running shoes, vans shoes, north face outlet, uggs outlet, babyliss pro, nfl jerseys, beats by dre, celine handbags, canada goose, ugg pas cher, ugg boots

oakleyses said...

air max, canada goose, pandora charms, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, timberland boots, converse shoes, hollister, juicy couture outlet, moncler, juicy couture outlet, lancel, moncler outlet, canada goose, converse, supra shoes, moncler, swarovski, thomas sabo, moncler, pandora charms, vans, karen millen, ugg, ralph lauren, hollister, canada goose uk, moncler, coach outlet store online, ray ban, gucci, canada goose, parajumpers, moncler, air max, hollister clothing store, louboutin, toms shoes, ugg, baseball bats, swarovski crystal, oakley, moncler, links of london, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, rolex watches