Friday, August 25, 2006

After nothing

Its been a while since my thoughts stained paper or blog alike. Just dried up after a "Chicagoan" Experience to introduce a new term to the local slang.

Well. I got to India. The flight from Air India was just superb. Just superb. Good flight. Long and frequent meals. No Nonsense Airhostess'. Sleeppp. Yup. All four seat in aisle were empty. Four pillows, Four blankets. Stretched out and slept. Woke up in Frankfort for a Western Lunch at the airport.

What happened next was pure riot. Actually my seat was not in the row of the empty bed but right in front next to a cranky couple. His son had been separated by the 2 feet in the middle and they wanted him to exchange seats with me. Though my legs were cramped by the now offered seat(I did not know then that all four would be empty) I accepted for I understood the "PAIN" of being separated from your parents by a"yawning 2 feet abyss". And now!!

God, pleased with my "sacrifice" offered me the four seats to be my humble bedding for the night.

The son's chagrin at being denied a free bed was too much I guess!!! The poison darts of arrow that shot out from me from the twin orbs of his eyes had answers to..From the Devil!!!!

I had a Bihari next to me for the rest of the journey. They boarded at Franfort. Now. I have nothing personally against the Biharis. Nice peace loving, Ganges tormented people that they are. And to top it all. He was a look alike of Laloo. Man!!!!

I could not stop staring at him for full 10 minutes. I would have taken it for granted that he was Laloo(Air Indian hostesses' do not melt their waxen countenances even for the Providence I guess!!!!) if a well mannered lady and a beautiful daughter were attached to him(I guess by the quirky nature of You know who!!!!)

To my consternation after boarding the family occupied the three seats next to mine!!! I threw dark glances at my devil across the abyss. Turned with a sweet smile to my neighbour now and had it dashed by a look that was as insipid and hostile as fungus on idlis three days hence!!!!

Hmpph!!! Boor. Village Bumpkin!!! Must have been an urchin when a child and not grown thence!!! My conjurations for a pleasant landing in India dashed!!!

He stomped on my right foot. Drank three glasses of wine. Burped in my face. Threw his fork (and a part of his meal) on the airplane's floor near my feet encasing it in cement unable to move!!!! His eating habits were second not even to the sloppiest eater in the world. Blurped, slurped, sucked the thumbs off his hand, sloppered his liquids.

I could bear all this!!! But when he took the half and half kept for coffee, ripped the cover and drank it in one gulp.......I could not help it. God forgive me.. I burst out laughing. Then came the margarine kept for salad. Gulped. Downed. My laughing fit could not be repressed and I became...wow!!!

Silence.

I rose up( I was bent double with laughing) to receive a cold stare!!! .

I stopped laughing and went on eating. My plate due to my delicate digestive system was full even as I returning it to my hostess. But Sir!! My neighbour had made justice to both of us. It was as though I had paid his ticket too. His plate was clean and shone like the sun shining on his blank pate!!!

Apart from the paper the apple had been wrapped on..Even the seeds had not been spared. If they had gone to his head, they would have sprouted like the golden apples of Hesperides.

Now abahsed by appealing looks from the young girl who apologised for her father, I was silenced into an uncomfortable sleep. I woke up to see a Hyder kala movie in Hindi. Killing me!!!

His attention was enraptured on the screen and on the Heroin. Sorry Heroine. I took to observing him closely. A shining hairless head. Spectacles shackled to his eyes by long chains that dangled from his hairy ears. A unclean white kurta. A neat dhoti. I think he would have been slipperless or more still to suit him wearing a moccasin.

His unbuttoned kurta smelt of the Chardonnay just poured for for him. Breath sour and interest zero. He might have interested aliens in search for a really primitive creature.

I am taking this to a ridiculous degree. Sorry. Guess I needed just some fun. But all information above are accurate and TRUE..

He threw his spectacles at my feet. I bend double to pick it up and he did not even take it from my hand. His daughter was prompted by a stare to take it and hand it to him.
A grateful glance and a rued smile later, I decided to close my eyes to this display of unwonted truculence and slept........till...

Bombay. The first breath again of my mother..

Returning to India..A tale by itself..

Have a good time and stay safe.

8 comments:

lablaeruken said...

Hamsa..

This post was extremely funny. Reminded me of an incident vasu had in Vaigai express years ago.

Half and Half and Margarine neeyum appadi dhane sapiduva..adhula enna comedy iruku :P

-vv

Vanjula said...

Hmpph!!!

Unknown said...

Der war ein netter Artikel!

I think you wouldn't forget the daughter's appealing looks. A nice insert :)

Vanjula said...

Nirmal,
Thanks :)))
The only saving grace never goes unremembered...

oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet online sale, michael kors outlet, louboutin, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, nike shoes, coach factory outlet, air max, longchamp handbags, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, polo ralph lauren outlet, air max, prada outlet, coach purses, burberry outlet, nike free, jordan shoes, michael kors outlet, gucci outlet, chanel handbags, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion jeans, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, coach outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, true religion jeans

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton uk, air max pas cher, timberland, polo lacoste, hogan outlet, air max, longchamp, polo ralph lauren, michael kors, hollister, north face, barbour, air jordan, sac louis vuitton, true religion outlet, nike free, lululemon outlet online, nike blazer, nike roshe run, nike tn, nike free pas cher, louboutin, air force, michael kors, sac louis vuitton, vanessa bruno, ray ban sunglasses, ralph lauren, nike roshe, hollister, true religion outlet, converse pas cher, sac burberry, north face, longchamp, sac hermes, mulberry, oakley pas cher, hollister, new balance pas cher, air max, sac guess, nike huarache, vans pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, sac longchamp, ray ban pas cher, louis vuitton, nike trainers, michael kors pas cher, nike air max

oakleyses said...

nike roshe run, birkin bag, ugg, reebok outlet, uggs, lululemon outlet, canada goose, new balance shoes, p90x, ugg australia, mcm handbags, canada goose outlet, herve leger, ugg boots clearance, chi flat iron, jimmy choo outlet, canada goose jackets, marc jacobs, soccer shoes, instyler, ferragamo shoes, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, soccer jerseys, valentino shoes, giuseppe zanotti, bottega veneta, north face jackets, rolex watches, mont blanc, ghd, ugg boots, wedding dresses, insanity workout, asics running shoes, vans shoes, north face outlet, uggs outlet, babyliss pro, nfl jerseys, beats by dre, celine handbags, canada goose, ugg pas cher, ugg boots

oakleyses said...

air max, canada goose, pandora charms, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, timberland boots, converse shoes, hollister, juicy couture outlet, moncler, juicy couture outlet, lancel, moncler outlet, canada goose, converse, supra shoes, moncler, swarovski, thomas sabo, moncler, pandora charms, vans, karen millen, ugg, ralph lauren, hollister, canada goose uk, moncler, coach outlet store online, ray ban, gucci, canada goose, parajumpers, moncler, air max, hollister clothing store, louboutin, toms shoes, ugg, baseball bats, swarovski crystal, oakley, moncler, links of london, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, rolex watches