Wednesday, July 12, 2006

When you see it all from a larger angle!!!!

There are times when I have been absolutely angry. So angry that I needed to get the steam off me. I used to go and plunge my head in the wash basin and cool off. Dripping wet, I used to emerge half an hour later, cooled off and finally ready to face an absolutely confused adversary.

Then came the moment when I stomped yelling, threw my hands in disarray(open to a thousand different interpretations ranging from a stong apology to a demeaning insult). Yelling out and then apologising were just common happenings. Just like we look up at the sky or shake our heads in frustation. Except that these 'common happenings' never happened to me!!!!

I was advised, counselled, suggested a hundred different books on controlling my temper. Everything from deep breathing to laughter therapy, why even pranic yoga was not spared. I tried everything. TO NO AVAIL!!!

How can I ever control my anger was my only contemplation. I used to get mad if anyone disturbed this reverie. To get back to what I was thinking was a very difficult job!!! Then I hit upon a very simple solution. I was ravelling in the local metro one day and saw a man pulling at his hat and jumping up and down on a poor bag. Red and choleric in the face, He made a superb caricature.

I burst out laughing seeing this funny image. A grow up man : Tall and neatly dressed. Obviously an executive of some high degree. Throwing his bag down and jumping on it!!! How funny it turned out to be. His anger was indeed an amusement to me.

This got me thinking on a different perspective. I got to thinking how it was when I get angry. I decided to do some different thought process the next time I got angry.

The situation was not too long in the offing. My friend got me worked up. I started to rile at him. When I suddenly removed my soul from the scene, leaving my body and voice there. I saw myself completely engrossed in a fight with him. My body language. And the growing vexation on his face. That was not all. I saw myself being laughed at by everybody in the cubicles around us.

That got me on my right mind. I returned in spirit to my body and smiled. Laughed. And made up. Since then, Whenever something happens, I remove myself physically from the scene and look down upon the scene.

Most often then not, I end up laughing or deciding a better way to deal with the problem.

I feel that this 'Macroscopic approach' can always save your skin. Most of the petty problems that we face everyday or even probelms in corporate or national level can be saved by this approach.

Though not always. There are some cases wherein a minute attention is to be paid to the case at hand.

Otherwise, Have a good time. Think of Archimedes, who thought so much ahead that he said,
" Give me a place to stand and I will move the earth"

Now that is thinking big way..

7 comments:

Badhri said...

I hope your description about your anger was hyped and for the fun of writing. Or, it scares me to the point of advising you a medical consultation! :)

Vanjula said...

No badhri..
I wish it were true. But!!!!!I am now going to shout at you for such professions against my character. !!Do u suggest that I lie!!! :( I am crosss!!! angry!! Hmph

sorry jus kidding :)
hamsa

Badhri said...

Hey,
Are you in Univ. of Kentucky? I have a cousin (Priya Venkatakrishnan) there. Ring a bell?

Vanjula said...

Hey Badhri,
yeah. We know each other quite well. Actually I took your blog route via hers.
so what u doing/

Badhri said...

I am in Hyderabad, working for Synopsys.

Used to be In Ohio, not to far from Ky. Visited Priya a couple of times and went to Smoky's once. Used to be a good time.

oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet online sale, michael kors outlet, louboutin, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, nike shoes, coach factory outlet, air max, longchamp handbags, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, polo ralph lauren outlet, air max, prada outlet, coach purses, burberry outlet, nike free, jordan shoes, michael kors outlet, gucci outlet, chanel handbags, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion jeans, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, coach outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, true religion jeans

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton uk, air max pas cher, timberland, polo lacoste, hogan outlet, air max, longchamp, polo ralph lauren, michael kors, hollister, north face, barbour, air jordan, sac louis vuitton, true religion outlet, nike free, lululemon outlet online, nike blazer, nike roshe run, nike tn, nike free pas cher, louboutin, air force, michael kors, sac louis vuitton, vanessa bruno, ray ban sunglasses, ralph lauren, nike roshe, hollister, true religion outlet, converse pas cher, sac burberry, north face, longchamp, sac hermes, mulberry, oakley pas cher, hollister, new balance pas cher, air max, sac guess, nike huarache, vans pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, sac longchamp, ray ban pas cher, louis vuitton, nike trainers, michael kors pas cher, nike air max