Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Enough of this!

I was going through my blog posts dating to almost 2 years back. I suddenly felt that I had lost a lot of my vocabulary, there were words I did not remember the meaning to that I had written, stuff I don’t even think about and the simple joy of narrating the day’s happenings to a friend lost.

So long now I have been thinking about writing a blog and then go, “ well…what is the use of a blog like that? “ or “ Do I really need to write this blog?” or “well.. It is nothing really.” Or I would say I became arrogant. Holier than thou. “I can write better than this!” But never managed to, convincing myself with a poor “I can but won’t”. Who am I kidding?

I have just become closeted like the society that I live in now. I talk about work, think about it, dread it, love it, hate it. Keep thinking of challenges and obstacles and turning them into victory---- Much more importantly: How are others thinking about me?

I have forgotten that I am a sum total of small things that make me up and without those individual idiosyncrasies, I can never be me.

Of late, I have gone into this self questioning mode. Am I doing good work? Is the work I do worth anything at all? What do people in the office think about me? Am I dressed well enough? Is what I write worth writing?

Also I have started viewing relationships with a deep misgiving. They never seem to be what they are. Unless there are rules imposed at the first offset. I have been an open book all my life. I have said this to many people and have heard it a lot too. Well. A book not interpreted can mean 10000 different things to the casual reader. Not even a really serious one can understand the between the lines situations.

So after a couple of bitter memories and changes, I have decided that no relationship would be undefined. You are this to me. I am this alone to you. Only the relationship with God is unqualified: You are my mother, father, husband, brother, lover, friend, enemy, teacher, guide …anything. The others are or are not.

I have become like the Orthanc: Tall, black, shuttered with many windows looking inwards but never opening outwards.

So there is the picture of my last one year. There have been very pleasant moments lost in the hurry of work and blacker thoughts that have spoilt the joy of working independently.

The place I am living in is beautiful. Mountains and a great lake close by. Everybody reads about the Niagara but how many get to stay close to it? It is Kodai or Ooty with harsher winters. That’s all. There used to be a time when I thought well: I have the summer still. But now, my thinking has become what the heck, winter’s going to be here in three months!!!

Well. First thing. I am going to be stop penalizing myself for anything that has happened. Even if I was responsible (wow!!! That’s a good one). Then I am going to look at new relations but put a qualifier on each.

Also I am going to read. Read a lot. That is what will make me truly happy and as qualified as before.

May the stars shine upon our paths!

5 comments:

Compassion Unlimitted said...

Ammadiyov..Good Luck to the new life You are planning to lead this year.
Idhu ennadhu idhu. Tillekenikku vandhu pona effecta ?
Adhu sari Tillekenikku vandhu oru Hi kooda sollittu poga koodatha ?

The new path & decisions, let it lead you to Happiness & Success
Wish you Good Luck
TC
CU

Vanjula said...

@CU,

Neenga kekarthu romba romba correct. Aana almost entire gang of mine in Thiruvallikeni is asking the same. :( I was definitely planning to meet you and a couple of others as well. But finally the trip ended with me being in Sarathy temple a sum total of 3 days. It was hectic, short, and was not in Tp at all most of the time...very very sorry...

Vanjula

oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet online sale, michael kors outlet, louboutin, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, nike shoes, coach factory outlet, air max, longchamp handbags, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, polo ralph lauren outlet, air max, prada outlet, coach purses, burberry outlet, nike free, jordan shoes, michael kors outlet, gucci outlet, chanel handbags, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion jeans, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, coach outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, true religion jeans

oakleyses said...

nike roshe run, birkin bag, ugg, reebok outlet, uggs, lululemon outlet, canada goose, new balance shoes, p90x, ugg australia, mcm handbags, canada goose outlet, herve leger, ugg boots clearance, chi flat iron, jimmy choo outlet, canada goose jackets, marc jacobs, soccer shoes, instyler, ferragamo shoes, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, soccer jerseys, valentino shoes, giuseppe zanotti, bottega veneta, north face jackets, rolex watches, mont blanc, ghd, ugg boots, wedding dresses, insanity workout, asics running shoes, vans shoes, north face outlet, uggs outlet, babyliss pro, nfl jerseys, beats by dre, celine handbags, canada goose, ugg pas cher, ugg boots

oakleyses said...

air max, canada goose, pandora charms, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, timberland boots, converse shoes, hollister, juicy couture outlet, moncler, juicy couture outlet, lancel, moncler outlet, canada goose, converse, supra shoes, moncler, swarovski, thomas sabo, moncler, pandora charms, vans, karen millen, ugg, ralph lauren, hollister, canada goose uk, moncler, coach outlet store online, ray ban, gucci, canada goose, parajumpers, moncler, air max, hollister clothing store, louboutin, toms shoes, ugg, baseball bats, swarovski crystal, oakley, moncler, links of london, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, rolex watches