Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Yippie!!! got a post for you.:)))

Well..Well.. Well. What do we have here? A long hiatus..But I am back. Hopefully for good..

The last week was amazingly good for the economy : I got to spend a lot of money for things that NEEDED to be done. So that was my mite in pushing the economy on.  Luxury spending? Hmm.. No.. Well Maybe. What the heck!! Yes.

I bought a Papasan chair for my apt and it is the most comfy gorgeous thing that you can ever find. I will try to post a picture of it.

Anna’s thalai deepavali is fast fast fast approaching.:) I just bought tickets to Austin(Well! There goes the savior again). AUSTINNNNNNNNNNN..My fav place on earth apart from good old Madras.

Going to meet Anna, manni, naresh, John, Suzanne, Venkat, if possible Hari…Coffee at Mozarts, long long nights with movies, general arattai, filter coffee, fun,fun and fun,

But I have a week to slog out. Working Saturday to compensate Monday. Life is getting tougher at the plant.

Rohan is leaving for Dallas soon which will leave me again in the friendless group of Jamestown.

October, November, December, January, February and I will be home for a short while in good o’le Madras. Or rather. Planning to. Hopefully. Maybe.

So that’s the latest and the greatest from the upstate NY region. Cold weather is setting in. Temperatures are now in the lower 50s and upper 40s. Very soon it will be white white snowflakes adorning the lawn.

Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year. Time flies. I can still remember myself as a kid running around Thiruvallikeni. Thoughts of the golden times flashes across my mind in sepia. Places dearly loved, once visited apartments, flats, old old old houses.

Unbidden. Like a wild horse, time runs.

As for now.. All I wanted to say was, thanks for being there, tuning in and hopefully my chair will help me write more. Otherwise I know who to blame..

Adieu.

16 comments:

Compassion Unlimitted said...

Looks great time awaiting you for Deepawali..Post la Thillekeni patthi pesaama irukka mudiyaadhu pola irukku

Have a great Deepawali And wishes from me

February in Madras..good
TC
CU

Vanjula said...

@compassion,

Thank you so so much.. Wish you the most beautiful diwali of your life. Are you going to be in Thiruvallikeni for Diwali? I can never stop talking about T :)).

Have you seen(sorry!! you must have) diwali in Thiru's mada veethis??? wow!!!

Compassion Unlimitted said...

Every Diwali from 1969 has been spent here in Tillekeni only. well ,these days Maada veedhi valam is taken over by by kids .College days ,with my friends living near gangana mandabam,life used to be spent there only.
But,suddenly I find the mushrooming of flats everywhere which leaves a bit of sadness in me.I am for change & a great believer that change alone is permanent,but still old things disappearing is a little difficult to digest.
I live in Vasudevapuram,Icehouse side
TC
CU

Vanjula said...

@compassion,
yeah. you are right. we used to have a riot a couple of years ago on diwali.:)) Vasudevapuram? thats a neat area. A couple of my friends used to live there. yeah. The flats irritate me too. At one point, the temple Gopura used to be seen from my house but now..nothing at all. The change ha sbeen very rapid..Couple of years..

Compassion Unlimitted said...

Yes ma,individual houses disappearing & flats abutting into the road.
I remember vividly,when we built our house in 1969 demolishing the old structure (!) lot of eyebrows were raised .Almost 40 years later, history repeats itself & my eyebrows are raised.What an irony & paradox
Any how, hey thanks for wishes & I dont think I should spoil your blog talking of irrelevant things, You could reach me on my email id
TC
CU

Sumanth Suresh said...

wow.. now i know who is holding up the world economy ;)

enjoy the well deserved break!!

Vanjula said...

@cu,

nandri once more

@sumanth,
:)) as though you did not know so far. I was working very hard at it. That's why I was not blogging..!!

THIRU VIKRAMAN said...

hey good to see you back after a long time..happy diwali.. have fun

Vanjula said...

@Thiru,

Thanks so much., Have a wonderful Diwali.

Vanjula

sada said...

Hmmm now that your papasan is here, I thought there would be a torrential outburst of blogs! Looks like even it is not capable of effecting the Newtonian laws of motion. A body at rest continues to stay at rest unless "sufficiently disturbed". Well I guess you are already in Stable equilibrium or is it neutral!!

Vanjula said...

@sada,
hey!!! howz u doing? well...the Newtonian physics apply only for the low speed on earth objects.. when the mind is travelling at einsteinian speeds actually faster than that...there are no laws..only papasans..:) So I sit, I think but my fingers which are still governed by Newton fail to grasp the regime of Einstein..

Quantum mechanics should hopefully be able to get a solution.. :))))

sada said...

hmmm since no such quantum laws exist I decided to re-use one "For every action there is an equally plausible excuse for inaction"

Vanjula said...

@sada,

Thats amazingly good...where did u get that??? :)

vanjula

sada said...

in response to my "Thousand and one Unbelievable excuses" for my tardiness, someone mentioned this in office!!

oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet online sale, michael kors outlet, louboutin, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, nike shoes, coach factory outlet, air max, longchamp handbags, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, polo ralph lauren outlet, air max, prada outlet, coach purses, burberry outlet, nike free, jordan shoes, michael kors outlet, gucci outlet, chanel handbags, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion jeans, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, coach outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, true religion jeans

oakleyses said...

air max, canada goose, pandora charms, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, timberland boots, converse shoes, hollister, juicy couture outlet, moncler, juicy couture outlet, lancel, moncler outlet, canada goose, converse, supra shoes, moncler, swarovski, thomas sabo, moncler, pandora charms, vans, karen millen, ugg, ralph lauren, hollister, canada goose uk, moncler, coach outlet store online, ray ban, gucci, canada goose, parajumpers, moncler, air max, hollister clothing store, louboutin, toms shoes, ugg, baseball bats, swarovski crystal, oakley, moncler, links of london, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, rolex watches