Tuesday, February 05, 2008

How to name it?

"Well. I am back!": So goes Samwise Gamgee on his return to the the Shire after Frodo sails away onto the other land with Gandalf. I am back. Means a lot of things.

For one thing, I am back in the blog. I have been writing a number of stuff that remains in the laptop but never sees the light of my blog. So this is the first one after a long time. The past month has been really really busy. For one thing. The other, it has been racy, confusing, tiring and has thrown a lot of me off track.

For a little filling in on what is going on. I moved to NY state. Got a job with a company up there. So trying to move to the new place, new people, new geography, weather,.. It is really nothing like moving to another location back home in India wherein the people change itself intensifies the situation. I got the SAD. Seasonal affection disorder. That's what I call it. It is winter, winter and more winter here. And coming from where I came from, it is summer, all glorius year long. So!! I am really finding it harsh and unwelcoming. Lexington seems to be heaven compared to this. Actually Lexington was Heaven whichever way you take it.

As for the area, it is pretty much threatening. Nothing very comforting about the surroundings like Lexington, where the school pretty much envelops you in its protection. But sitaution is pretty much tense in Lex, as such..Got my car broken into on the first week of my stay here. My laptop, hardisk, DVD collections, all my CDS, Audio, carnatic, software. Everything gone. Felt like my best friend left me once again. For a week I was unconsolable. Cried a lot. But it was my fault. Which brainless dumbo would leave such stuff in the car and sleep up in a hotel room? It was entirely my fault and not the place's.

Then got careless at the factory and bumped my head on a tool. Then got stupid and hit the other side on my car which also swelled up. I was like a comic character as in the archies!!

Peoplewise?? I haven't really had anytime to meet people. But there are not any Indian Indians here. So. But if I drive upto Buffalo/ Pittsburgh/ Rochester/ Cleveland there might be great people to meet. Probably try flying to NY sometime. But still. Here at my place, I am pretty much a loner.

So what happens when all the above comes together? I turn a bumbling, blue blistering barnacle!!! My mind actually turns into billions of them and eats them away itself. Got this hammer pounding steadily into my head: bham. bham. bham..

Wacko. Thats what I have become.

So what did I do? I take a break. TO LEXINGTONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN...I flew to Lexington last weekend and it turns out to be one of my most rewarding holidays. I did some cool stuff. Met my friends and walked a lot. Walked my turf. Should say! Got a new pair of shoes. Got some UK material for my car(which is by the way called Sarang). It is an old blue Toyota Camry, 2003 model. A bit old but enough for a new new driver. (and a new college graduate : hurt the pocket enough!!!)

So the year is turning out to be a pretty trail mix. Got a job and a car(hmmph). Got hurt 3 times. Went to the doctor quite some. got a burn up my leg to show for New year cooking. Moved out of a life. To a new one. And a lonely one. Left Lexington. Missed my brother's marriage for which I really meant to invite you all. But could not!!! Becos I could not go myself.. Selfish little piglet amn't I? AH! The big one. My Bro got married.

"Careful! Things may have shifted during flight!!" is the message that comes to me!.

So that's been a lot of filling in for a long time in a few words. But I missed writing. I missed reading. I missed every one of the things that made life happy in Lexington. Coffee, makkal, blogs, school, the roads, the walking, the speech, the sounds, the noises, the music. Every single thing that has made life away from home a little more eay to live.

But I got a new job for which I need to be thankful for. God has opened up a new chapter in my life. I need to find myself again and move on. And I shall endeavour to do precisely it from today. I got a sense of purpose. A way of giving back to the society that brought me up.

I shall be back with a lot more in the days to come.Maybe we shall some pictures here pretty soon.

Till then..Adios amigos!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Seems like a pretty rough start in the year. Guess it's preparing you to face future issues with ease. Good that you took a beak in Lexi... No Indian Indians... Hmmm... No probs, ur innate quality of making friends with everyone shall help you soon. Till then All the very best AKKA... :D

Vanjula said...

@red phoenix,

Next time you call me akka, the phoenix will not rise again!!! innate quality of making friends?>?? apdina??? nakkala?

oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet online sale, michael kors outlet, louboutin, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, nike shoes, coach factory outlet, air max, longchamp handbags, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, polo ralph lauren outlet, air max, prada outlet, coach purses, burberry outlet, nike free, jordan shoes, michael kors outlet, gucci outlet, chanel handbags, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion jeans, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, coach outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, true religion jeans

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton uk, air max pas cher, timberland, polo lacoste, hogan outlet, air max, longchamp, polo ralph lauren, michael kors, hollister, north face, barbour, air jordan, sac louis vuitton, true religion outlet, nike free, lululemon outlet online, nike blazer, nike roshe run, nike tn, nike free pas cher, louboutin, air force, michael kors, sac louis vuitton, vanessa bruno, ray ban sunglasses, ralph lauren, nike roshe, hollister, true religion outlet, converse pas cher, sac burberry, north face, longchamp, sac hermes, mulberry, oakley pas cher, hollister, new balance pas cher, air max, sac guess, nike huarache, vans pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, sac longchamp, ray ban pas cher, louis vuitton, nike trainers, michael kors pas cher, nike air max

oakleyses said...

nike roshe run, birkin bag, ugg, reebok outlet, uggs, lululemon outlet, canada goose, new balance shoes, p90x, ugg australia, mcm handbags, canada goose outlet, herve leger, ugg boots clearance, chi flat iron, jimmy choo outlet, canada goose jackets, marc jacobs, soccer shoes, instyler, ferragamo shoes, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, soccer jerseys, valentino shoes, giuseppe zanotti, bottega veneta, north face jackets, rolex watches, mont blanc, ghd, ugg boots, wedding dresses, insanity workout, asics running shoes, vans shoes, north face outlet, uggs outlet, babyliss pro, nfl jerseys, beats by dre, celine handbags, canada goose, ugg pas cher, ugg boots

oakleyses said...

air max, canada goose, pandora charms, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, timberland boots, converse shoes, hollister, juicy couture outlet, moncler, juicy couture outlet, lancel, moncler outlet, canada goose, converse, supra shoes, moncler, swarovski, thomas sabo, moncler, pandora charms, vans, karen millen, ugg, ralph lauren, hollister, canada goose uk, moncler, coach outlet store online, ray ban, gucci, canada goose, parajumpers, moncler, air max, hollister clothing store, louboutin, toms shoes, ugg, baseball bats, swarovski crystal, oakley, moncler, links of london, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, rolex watches