Thursday, October 11, 2007

Strange! Strange

There are some things that just scare the living daylights out of you. One of these things happened to me today.
I am very forgetful person. The typical absent minded professor to such an extent that in case anything is missing(say a PO box key/LG Perungaya dabba....) my roomie looks in the fridge, freezer, bed and all the improbable places and then gets to the place where it is supposed to be. The last never happens!!!!!

I know it is not something to proud of. Hey! Come on! All humans must have faults!! (For those who think I am not the Goddess Herself):))))

So what happens this evening? I finish cooking an amazing, awesome vetha kozhambhu that tastes like nectar, ambrosia, whatever! DIVINE. Decide to get to the lab. Finish dressing, shoes, socks just closing the door.
Whatamint. They need something to turn in the lock right? What is it? What am I missing here? Ah! The key.

A frantic scramble for removing the shoes, limping about on 1 foot and 15 minutes later : no key. Desk, under the desk, key holder, microwave, fridge, freezer, restroom, bed, couch, under the couch, in the small hole that is hidden from view under the pillow!!!!!!!!!

Man! I am totally lost. My roomie was out for the evening and I could get out of the house but not into the lab!

All my plans tumbling around me, I made a frantic dash to the Perumal Sannithi and gave myself up to the Divine. Appa!!! Please pa, chaviya eduthu kodungo. lab poganum!

No avail at all. I began to slowly lose hope of working this evening. When I came back to the hall and there She was. Ammaaaa!! This addressed to Ranganayaki Thayar in my hall. eduthuthanthudu. Again the table, under the table...

2 minutes. Me standing in the middle of the hall, hands into my crowning glory(actually there is not much of it) and loud profanities about to issue forth in full profusion. When....

I turn a 180 degrees. The table. And in plumb view. A bunch of keys. With a flashy green USB attached to it. You know what? No one could have missed it. No. Not even me.

It was sitting smack at the middle of the desk grinning its green teeth at me and daring me to believe I missed it all along. I turned to Thayar and uttered a silent thanks. Still unconvinced and totally disoriented, I sat on the couch. Or rather flopped on to it.

All laws of physics, opthalmology, improbability theory applied : The key wasnt there on the table. Not an instant before. If time could have been wound so fast, the key could not have been there.

Not until an invisible Hand picked it up and dropped it in the table where this goofy wont miss it.

Though I can believe(as my patti always says), " there is an ikshini(ghost) about around me that plays these kinds of tricks to see me distressed", I will choose it that my mom took time back to relieve me of my suffering.

I shall now endeavour to make my readers believe that the key WASN'T there rather than I did not see it. Also to learn to believe in everyday miracles without which life would be extremely bland indeed!

Thayar Thiruvadi Charanam!

5 comments:

Compassion Unlimitted said...

It may be simply be that you didnt pray well in the morning and in his own way played a small game to make you remember Him !
TC
CU

Sumanth Suresh said...

it is stated that the order of importance - mAtA, pitAh, guru and charanam, never changes - looks like it holds true even so with thAyAr and perumAl, in a way :)

btw, to avoid this partially, i dump all my stuff in one place. so that i need to search only in a limited place ;)

oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet online sale, michael kors outlet, louboutin, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, nike shoes, coach factory outlet, air max, longchamp handbags, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, polo ralph lauren outlet, air max, prada outlet, coach purses, burberry outlet, nike free, jordan shoes, michael kors outlet, gucci outlet, chanel handbags, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion jeans, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, coach outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, true religion jeans

oakleyses said...

nike roshe run, birkin bag, ugg, reebok outlet, uggs, lululemon outlet, canada goose, new balance shoes, p90x, ugg australia, mcm handbags, canada goose outlet, herve leger, ugg boots clearance, chi flat iron, jimmy choo outlet, canada goose jackets, marc jacobs, soccer shoes, instyler, ferragamo shoes, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, soccer jerseys, valentino shoes, giuseppe zanotti, bottega veneta, north face jackets, rolex watches, mont blanc, ghd, ugg boots, wedding dresses, insanity workout, asics running shoes, vans shoes, north face outlet, uggs outlet, babyliss pro, nfl jerseys, beats by dre, celine handbags, canada goose, ugg pas cher, ugg boots

oakleyses said...

air max, canada goose, pandora charms, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, timberland boots, converse shoes, hollister, juicy couture outlet, moncler, juicy couture outlet, lancel, moncler outlet, canada goose, converse, supra shoes, moncler, swarovski, thomas sabo, moncler, pandora charms, vans, karen millen, ugg, ralph lauren, hollister, canada goose uk, moncler, coach outlet store online, ray ban, gucci, canada goose, parajumpers, moncler, air max, hollister clothing store, louboutin, toms shoes, ugg, baseball bats, swarovski crystal, oakley, moncler, links of london, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, rolex watches