Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Back home

Most of blogs these start with the sentence, "its been a long time...". Actually it has not been. There has been so many issues and so things I had wanted to write about. Actually wrote about and then decided not to post it...One reason the browzer in India was pathetic...Took an hour to even navigate to the new blogs page.

MS Word has been my scrap book offlate and since I am back in the US without my desktop(snuggled safely back home..), my thoughts have been lost..

India..three months and half. Man!! The first month I was ecstastic. The second seriously bored and the third, suddenly nostalgic for my UG years and hated to leave India.. :))) hmm..

I am happy to back in Lexington. For Swami Krishna says, duty is the most important of all. Life may be good with appa, amma, patti and kovil. But I am not needed there. My karma lies here. So all in good time. My leg healed to an extent. I am back.

Of all the most dangerous things in the world..I think love is the most dangerous one. It has to be avoided at all costs.. My love for my mom, appa and patti almost blinds me and makes me stray from my path. It is that which engulfs me and swallows me like the creature that ate my hero, Captain Sparrow.

Love.. It has separated me from my friends. Both of them fell in love and conveniently tossed me out of their lifes. The closest person in my life,my idol, a deity did the same.

It makes enemies out of friends. It makes killers among good people. It corrupts the soul. There are so many different kinds of love that are poisonous. Love for money, women, men, and so many other pathetic deluded things that swamp the human mind. Ego, the love of recognition, everything..

The purest of these is the devotion to God. Do not ever say God-fearing. Say God loving. The love for all His creatures, His burdens, the thought of giving everything up for Him..I am reminded of the story of Kuresha. His love for Ramanuja that made Him sacrifice His eyes for the Master.

The love of God himself for His creatures. The love of the Holy Mother. A mother's love. Maybe that is the purest. Even over God.

There are two interesting parallels in both Manickavasagar and Thirumangai azhwar's pasurams. "Thaiyinum sala parinthootum.." and "Petra thaiyinum ayinach cheiyum.."

Maybe that's what that beckons me over land, water and space. My mother's voice.

I can only say.."Samsarasagara samuththaranaika setho" --- "Perum piravi karum kadalil, Karai punarkkum sethu anaiye"

Adiyen

10 comments:

Trinity said...

If love for appa and amma can make someone stray away from their path..Love for God can also result the same. Just my opinion.

Vanjula said...

No. The path that is ordained when u r born is the path to God. It is the reverse of what u r saying..It is more like, nothing should allow you to stray from the path to God.

Ultimately all religions, cultures and all creatures on earth proceed to the single plane of unification with God.

As again, dont let anything swerve u from that path..

Prakash G said...

I think, He is answering your question well

THIRU VIKRAMAN said...

"Love for money, women, men, and so many other pathetic deluded things that swamp the human mind"

i think it can be replaced by greed for money,lust for women and men...love is a strong positive emotion for regard and affection..dont use it in a negative way..

no offence meant!! just my view point!

Vanjula said...

Thiru,
hmm. I can accept ur answer if it is cases of mere ego/lust. But I have known genuine cases where I have seen people go mad after love. literally. berserk.
Yes. you are right though. most cases it is just that..esp. Money

Vanjula said...

@prakash,
i took time to read ot thru a couple of times..yes.. bang on target..it was good. thanks

oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet online sale, michael kors outlet, louboutin, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, nike shoes, coach factory outlet, air max, longchamp handbags, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, polo ralph lauren outlet, air max, prada outlet, coach purses, burberry outlet, nike free, jordan shoes, michael kors outlet, gucci outlet, chanel handbags, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion jeans, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, coach outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, true religion jeans

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton uk, air max pas cher, timberland, polo lacoste, hogan outlet, air max, longchamp, polo ralph lauren, michael kors, hollister, north face, barbour, air jordan, sac louis vuitton, true religion outlet, nike free, lululemon outlet online, nike blazer, nike roshe run, nike tn, nike free pas cher, louboutin, air force, michael kors, sac louis vuitton, vanessa bruno, ray ban sunglasses, ralph lauren, nike roshe, hollister, true religion outlet, converse pas cher, sac burberry, north face, longchamp, sac hermes, mulberry, oakley pas cher, hollister, new balance pas cher, air max, sac guess, nike huarache, vans pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, sac longchamp, ray ban pas cher, louis vuitton, nike trainers, michael kors pas cher, nike air max

oakleyses said...

nike roshe run, birkin bag, ugg, reebok outlet, uggs, lululemon outlet, canada goose, new balance shoes, p90x, ugg australia, mcm handbags, canada goose outlet, herve leger, ugg boots clearance, chi flat iron, jimmy choo outlet, canada goose jackets, marc jacobs, soccer shoes, instyler, ferragamo shoes, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, soccer jerseys, valentino shoes, giuseppe zanotti, bottega veneta, north face jackets, rolex watches, mont blanc, ghd, ugg boots, wedding dresses, insanity workout, asics running shoes, vans shoes, north face outlet, uggs outlet, babyliss pro, nfl jerseys, beats by dre, celine handbags, canada goose, ugg pas cher, ugg boots

oakleyses said...

air max, canada goose, pandora charms, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, timberland boots, converse shoes, hollister, juicy couture outlet, moncler, juicy couture outlet, lancel, moncler outlet, canada goose, converse, supra shoes, moncler, swarovski, thomas sabo, moncler, pandora charms, vans, karen millen, ugg, ralph lauren, hollister, canada goose uk, moncler, coach outlet store online, ray ban, gucci, canada goose, parajumpers, moncler, air max, hollister clothing store, louboutin, toms shoes, ugg, baseball bats, swarovski crystal, oakley, moncler, links of london, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, rolex watches