Wednesday, January 17, 2007

There is nothing like a free breakfast

I found this out for myself the hard way though!! I am wearing a cast due to a ligament problem in my leg. So am tottering unsteadily from a second floor house towards a campus bus stop.

Now I guess the biggest disadvantage of studying in a small school(Very very beautiful though) would be, it is located on a totally uneven topography and the locomotive system of the university does not provide for the largely Natraja service populace.

This time, though I usually foot my distances anywhere on campus within a radius of 6 miles. I was totally left bereft and am discovering(Very painfully) the discomforts of being disabled.

There hasn't been a single day since I took to crutches, I am feeling sorry for the girl or guy I have ever seen limping around the campus and how much they would have hated to see my sprinting past them.

The bus that leaves every half an hour(UT Austin has one that leaves every 15 minutes) does not cover all parts of campus. You have to changed buses at proper locations. The Bus does NOT stop whatever the reason maybe. The drivers are personifications of clemency iand racism themselves.

If Moses came down with a million commandments and waved his hand to separate the traffic, He would still have to wait for the CAT's bus to roll on. No. No. Not for handicapped. Not for disabled. Not even for The Lord.

Let's come back to what happened this morning. I hopped unsteadily out of the AAM. Then 2 storeys down. Hanging on for dear life to the railings. Terra firma again. Nice guy with glasses stops to let me pass. Wishes me luck.

Have to cross again. Screeccccccchhhhhhhhhh. A horrible driver(obviously lady!!!!) comes and halts halfway into the crossings. I am halted. Cant pass. on one leg and suffering. Five minutes pass.

Hey Hey Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My bus. I just missed it by a minute. I just did not get killed standing in the middle of the road!!!!!!!No. No. No. Not for the Indian hobbler. never!!!

Becos of this lady.! I sigh resignedly. She rolled down the window and said," Why don't I drop you off at the clinic?"

I did not even pause to think about this lady kidnapping me or doing anything else that's horrible. I was numbed to the heart with cold and my foot was paining terribly. Just got in and she being a horrible driver as usual took the wrong lane. Left me a mile off..

Hopped on my crutches like a huge grasshopper on a sidewheel drive. Collapsed on to the X-Ray and panted, "Dr.Lawrence, X-Ray.."

""Oh No Dearie.. get approval letter..next office. Right round the red door."" I HATE RECEPTIONISTS. They convey more worse news with sweeter smiles than the docs themselves. For example : Bill!!

In Vaishnava temples, there is a concept of Shri Vaikuntam and on Vaikunta Ekadesi, the eleventh day on the Lunar calendar in the month of Marghazhi(I think so), you pass through a set of Mammoth doors which are I guess indicative of the fact that is Vaikuntam itself. If you pass through those doors, you have gotten rid of all your sins and have entered Vaikuntam..so they say. Parole day mathri nu vechukonga.

That red door now seemed to be Heaven. If reaching Heaven was this difficult, Man!! Collapsed on the door. "X-Ray..recommendation \... letter"

Nejamave sathiyama Jeans padathula vanthathu ellam total udans nu nenachen. Illa Machi Illa..


Right foot la cast eruku. Left ankle X RAY nu refer pannanga. Eruntha mayakathula na pakkave illa. Operation theatre kku pona. Oh sorry. Konjam over..

X Ray eduka vanthavar nalla erukara kala oru mathri patha appove santhegam vanthuthu. Aiyo! ""Right sir Right.""-- Me bleating like a goat.

""Is it right? oh okay. Let me continue with the procedure.."- doc..

"No it is my right leg" me..

''something is not right here..."

ennum rendu nadaikku appuram vaazhkai veruthu, ara mayakathula poi ukkanthen doctor munnala. No X Ray. ''Vendave vendam ma thaye poi ukkaru'' nu soltan.

Ennomo panni enna deposit pannanga velila.

Nadakarthungarthu out of koshtin agave poten en friendkku oru kaala. VJ, please..

Ana. ennoda breakfast double rate.

Freeze agi vandi start agalayo. Illa traffic la matinaro theriyala. Vanthu sernthar 23 minutes kazhithu.

Na athu kulla snow woman agiten."" Ondra kal la nillu. Ondra kal la nillu"" nu mama sonnathu nenachengoi.! Ninnnen ondra kal la. Athuvum endra kal la.

Proceeded to vj's house and had hot hot hot dosas with chutney. Hmmm. moonu dosai koduthatha over scene pottu vendam nu solli, romba varuthathoda rende dosai sapten..

Ana.. realise pannen.

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A FREE BREAKFAST..Maybe you can fast free but you can never break it free.

Have fun and a wonderful evening to come...

11 comments:

Random obervations said...

" Thru pain and suffering, he who seeks me with me desperation/hopelesness (saranagathi), WILL fell my warmth"
Lord Krishna

THere aint nothing that ever happened that aint good for you! Believe!!

Vanjula said...

You know what RO,

I am sure I see the point of Saranagathi. somebody at the height of hopelessness will do anything even to be saved of the pain by death.

Is it what saranagathi preaches?

That would be my argument if I were an atheist. But no. I do believe. Every step that I took this morning was with the belief that some good would have come out of it...

Pain or gain.. Lord does not given up those who believe in Him..

Nambinaar Kai vidapadaar

Sriram Varadharajan said...

Atheist or theist, an empty stomach is not fair anytime

Random obervations said...

i think that u misunderstud, leaving it to him was wat me suggested, having complete trust in him. ur blog did not reflect that and ence the coment.

Vanjula said...

@sriram,
:( neenga solrathu correct than.

@RO,
hmm. true. the blog was like the effort that has to put in even to do a menial thing like a morning breakfast..

I did not intend to get in Saranagathi. My comment included as to reply to urs...

I agree with ur comment 1..

Prakash G said...

yeah women are horrible drivers.

Unknown said...

@Pg.
:)))).

oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet online sale, michael kors outlet, louboutin, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, nike shoes, coach factory outlet, air max, longchamp handbags, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, polo ralph lauren outlet, air max, prada outlet, coach purses, burberry outlet, nike free, jordan shoes, michael kors outlet, gucci outlet, chanel handbags, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion jeans, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, coach outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, true religion jeans

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton uk, air max pas cher, timberland, polo lacoste, hogan outlet, air max, longchamp, polo ralph lauren, michael kors, hollister, north face, barbour, air jordan, sac louis vuitton, true religion outlet, nike free, lululemon outlet online, nike blazer, nike roshe run, nike tn, nike free pas cher, louboutin, air force, michael kors, sac louis vuitton, vanessa bruno, ray ban sunglasses, ralph lauren, nike roshe, hollister, true religion outlet, converse pas cher, sac burberry, north face, longchamp, sac hermes, mulberry, oakley pas cher, hollister, new balance pas cher, air max, sac guess, nike huarache, vans pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, sac longchamp, ray ban pas cher, louis vuitton, nike trainers, michael kors pas cher, nike air max

oakleyses said...

nike roshe run, birkin bag, ugg, reebok outlet, uggs, lululemon outlet, canada goose, new balance shoes, p90x, ugg australia, mcm handbags, canada goose outlet, herve leger, ugg boots clearance, chi flat iron, jimmy choo outlet, canada goose jackets, marc jacobs, soccer shoes, instyler, ferragamo shoes, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, soccer jerseys, valentino shoes, giuseppe zanotti, bottega veneta, north face jackets, rolex watches, mont blanc, ghd, ugg boots, wedding dresses, insanity workout, asics running shoes, vans shoes, north face outlet, uggs outlet, babyliss pro, nfl jerseys, beats by dre, celine handbags, canada goose, ugg pas cher, ugg boots

oakleyses said...

air max, canada goose, pandora charms, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, timberland boots, converse shoes, hollister, juicy couture outlet, moncler, juicy couture outlet, lancel, moncler outlet, canada goose, converse, supra shoes, moncler, swarovski, thomas sabo, moncler, pandora charms, vans, karen millen, ugg, ralph lauren, hollister, canada goose uk, moncler, coach outlet store online, ray ban, gucci, canada goose, parajumpers, moncler, air max, hollister clothing store, louboutin, toms shoes, ugg, baseball bats, swarovski crystal, oakley, moncler, links of london, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, rolex watches