Monday, October 16, 2006

Has today been weird???

Oh No. Of course not. It has been like any other of my days. Completely zany and bonkers!!!

Was waiting to try on my new time schedule today and started off to bed yesterday by 12:35 PM. I was to have woken up at 6:00 this morning. Go on to make that 7:45!!! With the lightest hint of hangover and nausea. From?? studying last night!!! :))

Man! Does it take a lot to be a graduate student!!. I am not going for my proposed PHD. Am confident of that atleast.

Bleary eyed, knotted with cold : this morning in bed!. Awoke slowly. Opened one eye and reached out a tired hand for the cell phone. Missed calls?? Oh No! It is 7:45!!!!!!!!!!

I just bolted upright and sat up. Add grogginess to the list of maladies. Tottered unsteadily to the restroom and fled!! After taking one look at the mirror. It told me I needed atleast 10 more hours of sleep.

Coffee. Prevented. Prohibited. Threatened with persecution! Ah! The temptation of Eve. Hands stretched for the mug. Coffee in microwave. Me on bed. 8:15. Coffee.. wafting, smelling wonderful, the cold in the air. Coffee. Coffff. Hmm. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ding! Microwave rang jolting my frame again. Coffee. Ah!! Enthusiasm to face the day. Opened the curtains. It was a crystal clear morning. Awesomely beautiful!!!

After my ablutions, dressed carefully in semiformals(iron-creased) for I had a meeting with my professor. Walked to the department. 9:05. Oh ! Gott in Himmel!! Math class!

Ran straight up the stairs of my classroom building. Head on collisions and hurried apologies later. 9:10 class. Assignment! Sheesh!! Hated my marks. WHATTTT?? A NEW ONE??? slunk away from class("I knew I should have never turned up").

I am nice little girl. So adorable and cute. Ok Ok. I bought a gift for appa so that he will say all these things. I did not send it at all in time for his birthday and now I am getting "You are a procrastinatatatator.. " What ever it means. So I thougt I would get around to sending that and a cheque for Diwali( total scene. Nothing else) Cha Cha!! It is not for my sake. It is for amma's sake for amma has to say "Hamsu bought me sarees for Diwali". Otherwise her mouth wont be doing enough exercises!!

So I went to the post office(Man!! Pagal Kollai adikaranga pa sami) sent the bulky box to India and insured it just for appa's gift and forget the cheque!!! Mailed it and returned to lab.

Rememberedddddddddddd. Ran to the bank hoping for assurance that the cheque cant be encased by anybody else. "Sorry Ma'am. I wish I could tell you that. But no!!!" Aiyo. Raghava!!!

Thalaila adichundu ran back to the post office. "Have you sent my packageeeeeeeeeeeee"??

"Hey baby, what can I do for ya?" dey!!! adi vangatha.. Sollu enga vechu erukaa en parcela??? Dey!!

"Its right here."

After a lot of delibrations, he increased the insurance and the handling fee and I got away.

Opened the mail box. To find. 6 overdue notices from University Libraries!! SIX?? God!!!
Time : 11:45AM. Had a meeting with my professor at 12:00.

Decided that I shall go to the library as soon as possible. 12:00.

Scene : Outside Dr. Rouch's office door

Me: Knocking timidly.

(no response)

Me : Loudly knocking. Knock KnoKnock..no response!!

(trying the door) Locked firmly.

Totally disappointed returned back to the lab! Mopped around and ran to the library. 1/3 of the fines were forgiven for I was working at the library last semester. After paying that off, came to the lab rueing my rapidly falling credit balance.

Mail check! WHAT!! THIS CANT BE HAPPENING!!! SHUT!!!

Mail form the university billing services for a late fee!! I dont believe this.

Ran to the billing services and found that I had not paid my summer fees and so!! If anything else can be worse.

I went to my meet my professor in a total bad mood. Did not brush my astray hair or bother to replace my spectacles on my nose. Just wandered on like a delirect from Andromeda.

Professor : Come in. Good morning. smiles.

Me :(aha. Thapichen!! Thanks Andava!!) Good morning.

Professor: Can I help you with anything?

Me : (Bewildered!!! Aha!! adichayan aappu adichan!!) "sir. you had wanted to discuss my thesis?"

Professor : "Did I offer you a thesis??"

AIYOOOOOOOOOOOOO. All my dreams for financial assistance and thesis vanished into thin smoke(Vayatherichal la air enga nga?? only smoke!)

Me :(painfully reminded him everything from my thesis to assistantship)

Dr.Rouch : Fine. We shall see about that. OK? See you later.

I picked myself painfully and came to the lab and picked at my lunch.

Remembered that I had an on campus job. Since I had nothing better at that moment to do, came on time to the job.

It is not even half a day past. What is going to happen to the other half?? I wonder!!!

Blogged and Buggggggged...

11 comments:

vasu said...

Don't worry. Things will fall into place.
I was sure that PhD would be a hellish nightmare even before I'd dreamnt about it.

Unknown said...

Had a good laugh after a long time. But I realized later that this happens to me too. PS Being a PhD candidate things are worser other than the regular heavy paychecks. But there is an equivalent amount of money spent.... Anyway I dint know that u were specs....

Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about your edu system. But greatly enjoyed the article.
"(aha. Thapichen!! Thanks Andava!!)": I laughed to my extent :)

Everything should set right.

Vanjula said...

@vasu,
nandri hai.

@desiguy,
paychecks? I did not even think about it!!!

@nirmal,
:))

Vanjula said...

makkale,
It is raining and I am happy for that. My fines from the University has been forgivennnnnnnnnnn.

:))

Vanjula said...

@ nash??
weirder than me?>? Oh!! you are the chosen one to keep Austin weird right!!!
welcome to the gang buddy..

Anonymous said...

Being weird attracts attention. Hold on! Your absense in the maths hour is easily noted.

:)

Vanjula said...

oh! Nirmal,
I think what you say works out for this guy comes up to ME when there are 1000 tutors around and I am not even a tutor and asks me, "jjjsd hjfh dfh " - a math question that made this much sense to me.
I was bamboozled to silence. Man!! why do I have to be weird

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton uk, air max pas cher, timberland, polo lacoste, hogan outlet, air max, longchamp, polo ralph lauren, michael kors, hollister, north face, barbour, air jordan, sac louis vuitton, true religion outlet, nike free, lululemon outlet online, nike blazer, nike roshe run, nike tn, nike free pas cher, louboutin, air force, michael kors, sac louis vuitton, vanessa bruno, ray ban sunglasses, ralph lauren, nike roshe, hollister, true religion outlet, converse pas cher, sac burberry, north face, longchamp, sac hermes, mulberry, oakley pas cher, hollister, new balance pas cher, air max, sac guess, nike huarache, vans pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, sac longchamp, ray ban pas cher, louis vuitton, nike trainers, michael kors pas cher, nike air max

oakleyses said...

nike roshe run, birkin bag, ugg, reebok outlet, uggs, lululemon outlet, canada goose, new balance shoes, p90x, ugg australia, mcm handbags, canada goose outlet, herve leger, ugg boots clearance, chi flat iron, jimmy choo outlet, canada goose jackets, marc jacobs, soccer shoes, instyler, ferragamo shoes, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, soccer jerseys, valentino shoes, giuseppe zanotti, bottega veneta, north face jackets, rolex watches, mont blanc, ghd, ugg boots, wedding dresses, insanity workout, asics running shoes, vans shoes, north face outlet, uggs outlet, babyliss pro, nfl jerseys, beats by dre, celine handbags, canada goose, ugg pas cher, ugg boots

oakleyses said...

air max, canada goose, pandora charms, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, timberland boots, converse shoes, hollister, juicy couture outlet, moncler, juicy couture outlet, lancel, moncler outlet, canada goose, converse, supra shoes, moncler, swarovski, thomas sabo, moncler, pandora charms, vans, karen millen, ugg, ralph lauren, hollister, canada goose uk, moncler, coach outlet store online, ray ban, gucci, canada goose, parajumpers, moncler, air max, hollister clothing store, louboutin, toms shoes, ugg, baseball bats, swarovski crystal, oakley, moncler, links of london, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, rolex watches